|Posted by food hugs on April 22, 2013 at 6:55 AM|
This granola is crunchy, a little bit sweet and full of gorgeous ingredients.
It's from Maev Creaven, a nutritional therapist in Galway, who posted it on her facebook page about 6 months ago. I've made it several times since and haven't felt the need to change it one iota.....though sometimes I use butter if I've run out of coconut oil.
It's super delicious with natural yoghurt and defrosted berries.
Grain Free Granola
1/2 cup raw coconut oil (or other oil, or butter)
1/4 cup cup raw/ local honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract *optional
1 cup sliced almonds (blanched ideal)
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (or less) dried cranberries or blueberries or goji berries *
* for anyone who wants to reduce their sugar intake, reduce the dried fruit & vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 150C degrees.
2. Melt the coconut oil/butter with the honey and vanilla extract over a low heat in a little pan.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl, except the fruit.
3. Pour the melted ingredients over the dry and mix well.
4. Place on a baking sheet (use parchment paper for easy clean up).
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally - prevent burning.
6. When out of oven, mix in dried fruit. Allow cool.