healthy eating for healthy life
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Quick Dinner; Tuna Pasta
|Posted by food hugs on October 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM|
Busier days call for a quicker dinner and this is one of ours.
Usually served with pasta or buttered spaghetti, I thought potatoes would be a nice change (peeled, chopped, onto an oiled tray, salt, cook for 40 mins at 200C. Throw some cooked peas on about 5 minutes from the end).
The tuna sauce is dead easy;
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 3 tomatoes (or 10 large cherry ones), plunged in boiling water for 10 seconds to allow easy peeling
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tins of tuna
- Heat up a pan on the hob, medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes
- Add the grated apple and about 50ml hot water (to prevent sticking). Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (peeled and chopped), tomato paste and tuna.
- Mix, lower heat, put on a lid and cook for 10 minutes. .
Enjoyed by all!
Categories: Healthy Eating Recipes, Nutrition for Children